Re: Thinkin' About Dippin'

To: chad.raynal@mailexcite.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thinkin' About Dippin'
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 19:24:34 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-29 14:31:12 EDT, chad.raynal@mailexcite.com writes:

<<
 Hello Everyone,

 I've noticed that Mark Olson (Cablepop Tiger Web Site) put up a number for a
place
 that will dip-strip automobiles (NORCAL METAL STRIPPING).  Has anyone out
there done
 this with their Tiger, and what type of feedback/caution would you give?

 Thanks,
 Chad

All,
I have used Metalstripe for several cars.  The EPA apparently granted some of
the older companies a grandfather clause that enables them to use a stripping
formula with arsenic in it.  The arsenic seems to allow the treated metal to
resist corrosion better than the later formula.  This is based on my own
observation.
I  will say that the chemical stripping is FAR superior to any other method
of  rust and paint removal that I have seen.  The old stuff ( including
bondo) just disappears.....

Regards, Ray