Re: Pull it (from the bottom)

To: gary_winblad@juno.com, STUART_BRENNAN@hp-andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pull it (from the bottom)
From: BMcgu22954@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 23:36:15 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-02 17:37:21 EDT, gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A
Winblad) writes:

<< My idea for the ultimate set-up is:
 make a fixture to plug into the stock jack ports to allow
 the floor jack to jack up the front (normal jack range would
 require two increments), build a Kempinski dolley and
 you could pull the engine with just a floor jack!!  And in
 the lowest garage...  think about it.

 Gary

Once the weight of the front suspension, engine & trans assy is removed from
the front, the center of the cruciform is just forward of the balance point.
I usually use an engine hoist hooked to the firewall stabilizers, plus a
floor jack in the center of the X.
Once everything is unbolted I use only the floor jack to do the final
lifting, & roll the engine out of the wheel well.
I've done this a few times, now. Could probably pull everything out in less
than 2 hrs.
Duck Soup!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce McGuire