351C water restriction

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 351C water restriction
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 19:17:15 -0400
At 05:57 PM 9/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a Pantera with 351C. It is gopel that we use 351C thermostat that
>is different than 351W. The Cleaveland needs the thermostat "hat" we call
>it to slow down the circulation we believe. All I know is if we don"t use
>this correct thermostat our cars tend to overheat,any explanations?

Brock,
        Want to trade?
  From what I have read, if the washer is not below the thermostat then
there is too little pressure built up in the cylinder heads and therefore
some spots boil and form steam pockets.
The steam pocket does not cool the head at the point of the "pocket"
and the head gets real hot real quick at that point.  The heads could be
damaged by local overheating in spots even though the indicated water
temperature is ok.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others