Electric Fan

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electric Fan
From: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu (Bob Palmer)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 97 11:49:03 PDT
Guys,

I was asked about the particular electric fan I'm using.  It's a 13" pusher
type and I ordered it by phone from Quest Cooling.  13" is the minimum size
that comes with the Terminator motor and is the maximum size I could get to
mount flush with the radiator.  For information, call 800-272-FANS (3267)
and talk with Gary.  You can also write for info to

                                Quest Cooling
                                25520 Avenue Stanford, Unit 304
                                Valencia, CA 91355

The fan comes with all necessary mounting hardware and manual or thermostat
switch. It'll cost you in the neighborhood of $100.

I rotated the mounting frame 90 degrees and secured it above and below the
radiator.  I positioned the fan as close as possible to the radiator, then
sealed around the periphery with soft rubber weatherstrip material.  I don't
have a thermostatic switch, just manually turn it on when I anticipate
needing it.  Only problem is to remember to turn it off.  Will add an
indicator light one of these days.

Bob