Carbs

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carbs
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 20:53:11 -0400
At 02:42 PM 9/5/97 -0400, you wrote:

><<   Can not help with the Edelbrock internals, but I had intermittant
> problems with various Hollys.  Solved the problem by putting an inline gas
> filter close to the Carb.  Do you have a new filter close to the Carb?
> Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.
>
>  >>
>Jim,
>My car is plumbed with aeroquip through the pax compartment (all new), but
>the filter is about 1/3 the way from the tank to the carb.
>Maybe a piece of debris slipped through, but now what?
>Ray

        A tiny piece of teflon tape stopped my Tiger after I had
worked on the fuel lines.  It clogged up one main jet. Terrible
idle too.  Recommend you take the carb apart again and double
check things.  Dirt, sand, teflon bits, rubber bits, bits
of the previous carb gaskets and an ant (the little 6 legged kind)
have all clogged my carbs at one time or the other.  On one
holly carb I finally gave up and bought another carb because
there is a grain of sand in an air bleed passage that I can not get out.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others