Chrome - Politically Incorrect

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chrome - Politically Incorrect
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 23:15:16 -0400

Chris S. Mottram@ECCI
09/13/97 11:15 PM

Here in the US chrome plating has become rather expensive due to the
process creating some pollution that the government is regulating.  I don't
know if this is overkill or not on behalf of the government.  Here's the
politically incorrect part........ Has anyone had anything re-chromed in a
neighboring country where plating may still be inexpensive? (i.e. Canada or
Mexico)  Please don't flame me.  I am definitely not in favour of dump
toxins in ANY country.  We're all in the same eco system.  But if I get
something plated in the US, it will create the same waste as if I get it
plated elsewhere.

Chris