351W heads

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 351W heads
From: hjenssen@juno.com (Herb J. Jenssen)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:05:23 -0500
I ran 69 351W heads on a 302 for over 15 years. I had .040 over flat top
forged pistons. With the heads shaved to be sure they were flat I had
between 68 & 69 cc per cyl.
I figured about 9.0 to 1 comp.
I Can't remember what bolts I used. It might have been stock with
washers.
I did buy special push rods from Mier racing because I was told the valve
train geometry was different when you put 351W heads on a small block.
I did not drill any holes in anything!
I had many runs and street driving with that Tiger and never had any
problems.
P.S I had the block o-ringed so I wouldn't have anymore blown head
gaskets. Thats what started the whole modification.

               Later

                   Herb