[RE]: Transporting a Tiger Home

To: "'tigers'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [RE]: Transporting a Tiger Home
From: "Bennett, Cullen" <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 97 08:29:00 MST
Jim,
When I first brought my Tiger home to Arizona from Texas, I flew over,
rented one of those big yellow trucks, a box bed with pull down door (that
locks), about a 19 or 20 footer as I recall. I made some simple ramps out of
8ft 2x4's and wenched it into the back with a come-a-long. It will fit very
nicely. The truck is tall off the ground so the ramps were a big concern.
The ramps were designed by a friend of mine who was a retired mechanical
engineer. They cost about $20 in material and an hour to construct. I still
have them and use them all the time for other stuff. The nice part is that
you can stop for the night with a box bed truck and not worry about the
Tiger outside.
regards,
Cullen Bennett in Tempe AZ (B9472658)