Re: Water Pumps

To: laifman@flash.net, BMcgu22954@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water Pumps
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:39:08 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-19 08:47:08 EDT, laifman@flash.net (Steve Laifman)
writes:

<< ruce,

 You have brought up a very interesting, and here-to-fore unconsidered,
 point. The Tiger radiator cap also limits the maximum system pressure to
 14 psi to protect the heater from "bulging" into an interference fit in
 it's housing.

I have run a 17 psi cap for years.......yep the cheap ass heater core endcaps
do bulge, but they were checked and any questionable joints were re secured
(in the bulged mode), and no problems have ever developed.
I am not certain that the above is true for all cars.  I had another Tiger
that popped a seam in the heater core.  Again, it was re soldered, and served
for years.
BTW.......do you guys take out the heater cores a lot??
Ray