Re: Stuck Brake Piston Removal

To: "Bennett, Cullen" <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: Stuck Brake Piston Removal
From: Dave McDermott <Dave.McDermott@cusys.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 13:03:03 -0600
        Cullen,
        Compressed air also works great if they are not too frozen and makes
the cleanup even easier. A rag between the two pistons keeps them from
blowing into each other. If one breaks loose first then I put that one back
in barely sealing and use a piece of straight metal in the disc groove in
the caliper to keep it in place until the other side blows out. Both the air
and grease methods prevent damage to the thin groove in the pistons that
holds the dust shield.

        Dave McDermott