New England Gathering

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New England Gathering
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 97 10:57:21 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     TE/AE Visits the SCENTER of New England!
     October 12, 1997, High Noon!
     South Deerfield, MA

     What do "Festival of Lights", "Hazelnut Coffee", "MacIntosh", "Lemon
     Chiffon", hot Prestone, and burning LMA have to do with each other?
     Why, they're all fragrances we may experience as TE/AE visits Yankee
     Candle, in South Deerfield, MA. (Lets hope we stick with the first
     four, OK?)   All Sunbeam owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

     What is Yankee Candle?  They can describe it better than I, so here's
     a selection from their web page:

      "The Yankee Candle Company flagship store in South Deerfield,
     Massachusetts is nicknamed, "The Scenter of New England", and for a
     good reason! With more than 60,000 square feet of retail space, a
     restaurant and a car museum, visitors can enjoy an entire day of
     family fun. .....The World's Largest Candle Shop is filled with
     candles in nearly 200 fragrances, in a host of different styles and
     colors. In addition, we've got candle accessories, New England crafts,
     collectibles and plenty of other surprises."

     They go on and on about their candlemaking shop, where you can see how
     it was done way back when, their Bavarian Christmas Village, which is
     full of crafts shops, the Nutcracker Castle, Santa's Toy Factory, etc.
     Recently, they nearly doubled the size of their facility, so a lot is
     new since our last visit there.

     Oh yes.  Didn't they mention a car museum?  Again from their web page:

     "New Location!  The Yankee Candle Car Museum is now open adjacent to
     the main Yankee Candle Shops. Check out our new exhibits, new cars
     and exciting new Car Museum Gift Shop!   The collection is under the
     same roof as our Flagship Store. With a bigger collection and  even
     more fun for the whole family, you've just got to see 'The Cars That
     Make You Go  WOW!'"

     Their list of cars seems even more extensive than last time, with
     everything from a replica of the original Benz 1885 three wheeler, to
     some of the latest Italian exotics.  The British are well represented,
     too.  Mention that you are part of the TE/AE group, and save on the
     museum admission.

     So, there you have it.  The perfect excuse for a drive through the
     glorious New England foliage.  Plan on being there at noon, or maybe a
     bit early.  They'll have some spaces reserved for us in front of the
     museum, but the place is a popular destination, and the parking lot
     should fill up fast.  We'll check out the gathered Sunbeams, swap the
     usual tech tips and tall stories, and check out Yankee Candle.  There
     is a restaurant and a coffee shop on the site, and there are other
     food options nearby.  We hope to see you there!

     Directions:  From Route 91, take exit 24.  Go about 1/4 mile north on
     Route 5, and you are there.

     For additional Info:       Yankee Candle: (413)665-2929

                        Stu Brennan: (508)384-2488