RE: Traction Action

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Traction Action
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:46:00 -0800
>  I tried a different approach to the wheel hop problem.  I used the
old
>  Chrysler trick of clamping the front of the spring.  You clamp the
front
>  of the springs so they can't move in relation to each other
>  and remove all clamps from the springs to the rear of the axel.  It
kind
>  of creates a trailing link effect.

I went one better than that:  took a pair of the right-length leafs from
an old set and clamped one upside-down on top of each main leaf between
the axle mount and the front spring mount.  You want to talk about  S  T
I  F  F  .  .  .  I think it turned the whole back half of the car into
unsprung weight!

Ramon