Alpine Tiger Alger Database

To: tigers@autox.team.net (IPM Return requested) (Receipt notification requested)
Subject: Alpine Tiger Alger Database
From: "Jorquera, Mario" <Mario.Jorquera@fhwa.dot.gov>
Date: 04 Dec 1997 08:42:14 -0500
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Bill Gullatt
<mrbillg@real-comps.com> wrote:

"It is about time that we the "Alger" owners get
recognition for our efforts. <snip> If I ever put it up for
sale it will be sold as 1967 Sunbeam Alpine "FAKE
TIGER" or "TIGER COPY"."

As a former Alpine owner and current Tiger owner, I
side with the camp that feels any and all conversions
are welcome, provided no mis-representation takes
place. Despite the evident passion of some messages,
that seems to be the prevailing line of thought on this
list.

Bill also wrote:

"I do think a registry of all Sunbeams is needed. Not for
the sole purpose of whose Tiger is real and whose is
fake but so we can find out what kind of trends were in
production as well as new trends in restoration or
conversion. I have offered before to start a database
but have had no response by any individuals who are
interested in participating. This lack of response stumps
me due to the number of people who also think the
database is needed."

Perhaps the low response, at least from the Tiger folks,
is that there already is a comprehensive registry of
Sunbeam Tighers, and that is the "International
Registry of Sunbeam Tigers."  I do not know of a
comparable registry for Alpines, but duplicating the
Tiger registry is probably unwarranted.  Maybe Norm
could be encouraged to start an "International Registry
of Sunbeam Alpines, Algers and other Conversions"?

Mario
B9471239