fuel tanks

To: "tigers@autox.team.net"@aol.com
Subject: fuel tanks
From: PaulPhotog <PaulPhotog@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 01:30:26 EST

>        Has anyone patched small, 1/4" or less, holes in the bottom of
>their gas
>tanks? How did you do it?
>

>Doug Pruitt
>Maryland
>"I feel the need for expeditious velocity" The Brain

Doug, yes I have filled holes in my alpines fuel tank.  On the bad holes I
used solder and a propane torch and on the real small pin holes I used
epoxy.  Worked good.  If you want more info let me know.  Regards Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie

----------------------- Headers ---------------------
Hi Doug, Armand, et al:
Bear with me, please. I'm new at this computer and newsgroup stuff. Doug's
already gotten a similar response from me.  For what it's worth  I had my fuel
tanks thoroughly cleaned inside and out by Reddi-Strip and then when they were
spotless,I had them galvanized. This process left about a 1/4" hole in the top
of the tanks. We soldered a penny over the holes with a propane torch. Worked
flaw-
lessly.
In addition, there is no chance of some funky coating deteriorating over time
to clog the fuel system.  We then painted the tanks and put them back into the
Tiger.  I realize that this proceedure is costly and time-consuming but it
sure worked great for me!
Regards, Paul Sanders