Re: Warning

To: CobMeister <CobMeister@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Warning
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:11:50 +0000

CobMeister wrote:

> Hey Steve,
>
>  Frankly, I probably would have reconsidered the whole thing if my map had not
> turned out to be signed by C. Shelby his ownself.  I figured, "What the hell,
> if ol' Carl is prepared to stand behind it, how wrong can I go?"  Which, I am
> sure you will
> recognize as a variation on the old California question, "How LOW can you go."

Chinese Fortune Cookie:"Remorseful buyer cannot tell a Carroll form a Carl"

>  The actual headline for the story in the Teheran Times was, "Goaty Bill
>Bitten
> By Lord Rootes."

Actually, it was Gote Bill.

> ........................ the Radio Antenna Test (RAT).  Each and every
> authentic Tiger offered for sale has either a radio antenna or a little hole
> where a radio antenna used to be.  No authentic Tiger offered for sale has a
> radio.  Every Cloner and Replicer offered for sale either has a radio with
> antenna or has no antenna or antenna hole.

You are not supposed to divulge sensitive "makers marks" to the great unwashed.
For shame!

> Morgans have never been fitted with radios and today one
> still cannot get a radio in a brand new Mog because Mr. Morgan thinks it is
> not "fitting."

Yes, I do know of Mr. Morgan's credos. When asked why the only adjustment for
the
length of the buyer was a 1" pedal extension that could be removed (Tiger has
holes in pedals) he was reported to say "If you don't fit a Morgan, don't buy
it!" Of course you could let a few psi out of the "whoopee cushion".

> In closing, let me ask just one question:  Whatinell is this
> "suspensionsystem"        you guys keep harping on?

I once tried to check the shocks on a MOG by the tried and true method of
standing on the bumper, placing ones hands on the radiator, and bouncing up and
down to check the travel and return. I found that the only thing that "traveled
and returned" was the bumper bending. I understand your unfamiliarity with the
term "suspension system", just as we both know that there is no such thing as a
"sliding pillar".

> --Colin Cobb, Still Countin' Shippin' Days Outside Las Cruces, NM, USA

Colin, Thank you for your good humor, I hope you will once again come to the
USA,
just across the border from Mexico (New). Maybe we'll see your new car at Big
Bear in June, Wot?

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >