Brake fluid

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake fluid
From: jdhugg@frii.com (Huggins)
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 09:33:50 -0700 (MST)
>Regarding brake fluids, silicone versus Girling LMA, moisture still
accumulates under silicone brake fluid...I just drained off the bottom of my
clutch slave cyclinder about six years after a complete dry rebuild and only
silicone fluid and was surprised to find a couple tablespoons of water.  As
someone on the list pointed out to me the Girling fluid keeps the water in
suspension instead of letting it pool at the bottom to pit your aluminum
cylinder wall.  better to throw it away once in a while than to think you
are protected when you're not.

Doug