Re: Signature?

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Signature?
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 21:19:25 -0500
Steve Laifman wrote:

> But I do know about a rattle in the door a Chevrolet customer was
> complaining about. After being brushed off a few times, the agency
> finally removed the door panel and found an empty coke bottle and a GM
> wrench. True story. Guess the assembler was taking a lunch break. But,
> this is not allowed in England, as the workmen are not given breaks (just
> ask).
>
> Steve
On a similar note (or should I say "thud"). When I restored my Tiger, I
had it up on the rotisserie. Every time I rolled it over, a dull thud
would come fron the center of the 'X' brace. I finally got around to
peering into the finger size opening at the front of the center section
of the brace. There was a rock in there! No, not a pebble size one that
had been kicked up from the road. This thing was 3-4 inches in diameter!
NO way it was a road rock! Looks like Jensen had some wiseguys on the
line that day. "Hey Nigel, let's drive some Yank nuts! Stick this stone
in and weld the plate over it! They'll never find where the rattle is
coming from!
I used my air chisel to bust it into smaller pieces and fished out the
remains