Re: Tonneau Cover Help Needed If You Can...

To: CobMeister <CobMeister@aol.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover Help Needed If You Can...
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 12:42:21 -0800 (PST)

>But I am still puzzled by the Lift-a-Dot fasteners.  There must be a special
>tool for installing them, but is there something likely to be found around the
>house that would do the job well enough to get all the little holes lined up
>accurately?  Or, where can one buy a special purpose tool?
>
>The really scary thing is that I have a brand new top in an unopened box from
>the same source...
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.  (Well, maybe not "any suggestions."
>But at least those that are either helpful or amusing.)

Colin, when we bought our tiger it had a new top installed but the lift a
dots were not put on.  So I used a leather punch, the rotary type, that I
bought at Tandy Leather.  I punched a big hole in the middle for the peg
and smaller holes around the edges for the bend over prongs on the lift a
dot.  Worked great, just make sure you line up everything right first,
because once you punch the holes your commited.  Regards Armand Ritchie

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie