Re: rear bumpers

To: mmeswarb@huntel.net
Subject: Re: rear bumpers
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 08:38:40 +0000
all,

bumper mounted licence plate lamps were fitted (in the UK at least) to
the very late series 5 Alpines, along with the non-peak headlight rims
and the Chrysler Pentastar. I guess this would also apply to late series
2 Tigers although these are pretty scarce over here.

A car I used to own was around 50 from last produced and had the same
features. The licence plate was bolted to the trunk lid. I have also
seen series 5 cars with the single rear valence mounted light and aso
one fitted with the twin rubber housed units fitted to a plate between
the body and the rear bumper. This particular fitment looked more like a
stop gap solution to get over either a supply problem or local lighting
regulations in some particular country.

Anyway, if you plan to replace the bumper mounted items with prts from
an MG spares catalogue, have them exorcised first 8-)

--
Jeff Howarth