Re: Removing Paint

To: tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Removing Paint
From: pamelam@connix.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:13:07 -0500 (EST)
Tym,
        I have had success with a good paste wax and elbow grease. Usually
paint does not bond that well unless the surface is scuffed, so this should
work. I would avoid a swirl remover, as the abrasive may scratch the
chrome. Any chemical paint stripper will do the job. Use it sparingly and
cover it with wax paper (I'm not sure about plastic wrap, try a dab of
stripper on the plastic first to see if it reacts) this great way to get
the maximum effectiveness from the stripper and can penetrate many layers
of paint in one application.
Bob Melusky