Tiger Steering Dimensions???

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger Steering Dimensions???
From: DrMayf <DrMayf@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:59:39 EST
Excuse the double listing if you've already got this...

Does anyone on the list have their Tiger's crossmember out on the floor? If
so, would you mind taking a couple of measurements for me? Estimate/measure
the distance from a line drawn between the lower ball joints and the
centerline of the steering rack and pinion. I guess somewhere between 7 - 10
inches, but I need to know within a half inch or so. Also the distance between
the rack and pinion joints (ie the ball sockets at the end of the rack - not
the tie rod ends).

So you want to know why, do you? Well, my Tiger is up against the wall in the
gargage with all sorts of stuff stacked around it. Plus it is hard to make the
measurements while the cross member is in the car. I am trying to correct the
ackerman angle problem by fabricating new steering arms and this information
is helpful. No, and I am not building a Tiger clone.

Any help would be appreciated!