leaking clutch

Subject: leaking clutch
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:04:11 -0600
My clutch master cylinder appears to be leaking.  Hence, I have several
questions in need of this mailing lists combined expert opinions and
experiences.  Some fluid has leaked inside the car, ruining the cheap foam
rubber padding under the carpet and soaking a portion of the carpet.  Any
ideas on how to get the fluid out of the carpet?  Any better materials to
replace the padding besides more cheap foam rubber?  I seem to have lost
more fluid than I found in the carpeting, and it looks like there is some
fluid under the car on the speedometer cable.  How would it get there?  Do
I need to get all this fluid off the car to avoid corrosion?  Lastly, I'm
planning on trying a rebuild kit first.  Any reason that is a bad idea?
Thanks in advance.  Since I'm pretty isolated from other Tiger owners, this
is my primary source of information.

Jim Pickard
B9473298
"Geowiz"