Who needs TAC? We need TAC?

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Who needs TAC? We need TAC?
From: Steve Wickland x3128 <wickland@eng.adaptec.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:26:49 -0800
TAC is an OK thing.  I had my car TACed.  Am I any better for it?
May-be the cub think so, I can't say that I feel any different  Has it
increased
my enjoyment of my car?  Silly question.  If people want to run around
and do
this,  OK by me, it gives them a mission.

I think the initial reason for TAC was trophies.  Someone who belonged
to a
club once, won a trophy in a club event, much to the shugrin of some
club
members.  Some club members proceeded to make this trophy winner feel
real, real, real bad.  The club proceeded to hold many meetings trying
figure out how to avoid such a travesty in the future.  They came up
with
TAC.

Without clubs and club trophies would TAC really be needed?  I'm sure
some
will argue yes the DMV says it is the law!  Does the DEA someone to
compile
a list of all people who ever smoked Marijuana even once?  Does the
Highway
Patrol need someone to compile a list of people who ever exceeded the
speed
limit even once?  Does the local police need someone to compile a list
of
people who drank a little to much and drove home even once?

I guess it's all in your prospective.  From my experience the TAC
inspectors
are real nice folks.  If they want to spend their spare time that way,
OK by
me.

Steve W.