Re: Crossmember Bolt Tech Tip

To: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: Crossmember Bolt Tech Tip
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@kibo.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 09:10:07 -0800 (PST)
 Frank and All,

 I have been hunting down longer xmember to frame bolts for a while now
and I think I might have found a supplier. As you probably know you can
buy longer bolts at any hardware store but the grip length is increased
not the threaded length. I will let you know in a few days how I do. I
also have looked at Dave Duncanson's factory ralley car and Tony Eckford's
LeMans coupe and both have through bolts with washers and Nuts for the
crossmember. If the factory did it on race cars then they must have seen
a reason.

 To all on this list or who are interested,
 I was at Norms last night going through the last of his books and he is
down to the last 90 copies of The Book of Norman, he printed 1000 and is
not going to reprint so if your copy is like mine (greasy fingerprints
throughout) you might want to pick up a copy from Rick at Sunbeam
Specialties if you want to have a nice copy in your collection.
Bill