Re: steering cowl refinishing

To: joetiger@mindspring.com (joe brackin)
Subject: Re: steering cowl refinishing
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 98 8:25:41 PST

> I used Amorall cleaner and a tooth brush to clean and then soaked in
> Amorall until it would not soak up anymore. The upper half looks almost
> as black as the lower half now. It looks good for now,I don't how long
> it will last but it cheap and easy to do again.
>
> Dave McDermott wrote:
> >
> >        Jerome,

Shortly after buying my Chevy I cleaned all of its rubber surfaces with
Armorall.  It looked great immediately afterwards, but within a
relatively short period the rubber looked very dried out and had
thousands of tiny cracks in it.  Maybe GM uses really crappy rubber, but
I've been very leery of Armorall since then.

Roland