Re: TOP EIGHT

To: Rootes1@best.com
Subject: Re: TOP EIGHT
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 11:34:17 EST
I've never seen a tach with "For Negitve Earth" printed on it.  Its amazing
Norman, how you keep coming up with these obscure little details!

Here's an exciting discovery in which I know you'll be interested.  Apparently
there were at least 11 B947XXXXHRO Tigers (15 if you count 4 rebodied "works"
cars) which were Balmoral grey with black interiors, walnut dashboards, but
black steering wheels. None of them had brake boosters, all were fitted with
grey jacks, and despite their HRO designations, were exported to West Germany
as the infamous "Generic German" Tigers. I have recently made contact with an
original owner of one of these rare cars, who is sending me photos to confirm
the existence of at least one of them.  As soon as they are received, I will
gladly share them with you and the rest of the Tiger community.

On a somewhat related subject, have you ever heard anything further about
Lister's partially completed Le Mans Tiger which you reported on page 42 of
your very authoritative book?

Dick Barker
B382001472
B9499999