Re: Tiger GT

To: dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu, rdmallory@earthling.net, Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com,
Subject: Re: Tiger GT
From: BlueGolfer <BlueGolfer@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:15:56 EST
In a message dated 98-03-02 18:54:43 EST, dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu writes:

>        Rob,
>
>          How rare is rare? If there are only one of each kind then I guess
>  they tie as the rarest. That is unless we add other new factors such as
>  modern day vs. antique. or race car vs. production based etc.

Dave,

 When you're talking onesies, that's rare, even if it ain't that old.  For
instance, Grumman made lots of their Tigers.  But I bet you'd be hard pressed
to find one still flyable.  Probably several residing in museums though.
Don't know how many Tigers they made in '26.  I seem to recall it was more
than one, but that may be wrong.  I agree both the Tigers are rare.  The
original Sunbeam Tiger is older. It's the one I'd rather have, if I had a
choice and the resources.  (The Harrington Tiger, again IMHO, is somewhat
ulgy.)

Rob