Re: COLOR OF TOP BOWS

To: dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu (Dave McDermott)
Subject: Re: COLOR OF TOP BOWS
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 98 14:18:56 PST
>         I was hoping someone had found something already mixed in a spray
> can. I would think there would already be something available commercially
> without having to custom mix and then get it put into a spray can. It seems
> like Rootes would have used some common color gray.

Guess it depends on how close you feel you have to get to the original
grey.   If it was me and I didn't already have the paint to mix, I'd
probably go with whatever grey Eastwood or some other mail order
house sells.  I don't buy much spray paint from hardware or auto parts
stores anymore because it's generally pretty crummy stuff, what with
the current laws here in Santa Clara County.

But as it happened I already had some Imron white and black paint
on hand.  I mixed it to the shade of grey I wanted and shot my bows
with an airbrush.  Not much effort involved.

Another option might be POR15.  I think it comes in white and black.

Roland