Water Pump Part Number

To: "'tigers'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Water Pump Part Number
From: "Bennett, Cullen" <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 98 08:23:00 MST
Hi to all,
Over the past years there have been numerous threads discussing water pumps,
shaft lengths, impeller designs vs cavitation. These have all been
interesting reading, but I neglected to save that information (not needing a
water pump at the time). Well.... old faithful has started a leak around the
shaft and its time to replace her. An original '65 with 97,000 miles. There
is definitely a sentimental attachment here.
 Does anyone out there have a Ford part number or a "good" substitute
replacement. I only have about 1/2 to 3/4" clearance between the six-blades
and the radiator so the "short shaft" is definitely a must (sounds almost
indecent and definitely not macho!). If I have to go for a rebuild effort do
the new impeller designs work better than the old cast irom impeller? Any
experienceby anyone?

Cullen in Tempe AZ (B9472658)
p21988@email.mot.com