Tiger manual

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger manual
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix17.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:10:18 +0000
TO ALL:
After laborious soul searching and a very careful review of the input (both
pro and con) regarding our proposed publication of a manual dealing with how
to identify whether a particular Tiger is actually a Tiger or a conversion,
we have decided to let things be.

Jan Harde and I both feel such a manual is needed now more than ever because
more and more individuals are discovering the joys--and pitfalls--of the
marque and there is more opportunity than ever for fringe restorers to
"create" a Tiger due to rising classic car prices. However, for all the
potential liability we would subject ourselves and Tiger Technologies to,
we've decided that IF a manual is to be created, it should be done by the
group that created the TAC program itself.

We feel they have an obligation to not only help "protect" the marque, but
to offer assistance to those who have questions about their Tiger, whether
it is registered or not with TAC. That means reviewing photographs sent to
TAC by those with questionable components, conversing at length on the phone
or Internet with those who have questions, and opening "their books" and
publishing a quarterly listing of questionable Tigers.

In other words, since this group started the TAC program, they should finish
it and fill in the blanks in between. And there are many.

To those who wrote to us commending our proposed effort, we sincerely thank
you. To those who contacted us with criticism about the effort, we thank you
too. And those few of you who just don't want to see the applecart upturned,
shame on you.

The ball is back in the TAC court. Those who want change should contact TAC
and ask--Hell no, demand--action and support. Our guess is you'll get it.

Good luck!

Jeff Cushing/Jan Harde
Tiger Technologies