Re: Comments Please

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Comments Please
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 22:47:25 +0000
Tom,

you raised a great point for discussion, can I add what I hope are a
couple of valuable comments.

The SAOC also operates a life member scheme although this may be
restricted insome way, (I am a life member, at 38 I hope it represents
value for money as I am carefull how I cross the freeway. Although I am
currently rebuilding the brakes on my Sunbeam....... 8-)

The membership fees issue is a dual edged sword, I have just paid 16
pounds ( 26 dollars) to get at dollar cheque to send for my CAT
membership to Bonnie, if I did this each year ot would virtually double
the cost of membership (if I missed a trick please let me know urgently
as I pick up the cheque on Tuesday). I assume this problem is the same
both ways.

It seems the obvious answer is to set the clubs up to accept Master/visa
card. I know the relevant club pays around 2-3% commision which may seem
a big issues,  but this is insignificant when compared to the costs of
getting a cheque.  I decided to get mine to cover 2 years membership in
one go to reduce the overheads.

What with the WEB, surely its time we made memberships global and
subscriptions local, differences can then be made en-bloc. That way we
can all stay in touch either on the WEB  or via the mailbox.

sorry if it sounds like my 2 cents worth,

--
Jeff Howarth