4 posts

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 4 posts
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:51:31 -0500
John Logan wrote:
>Larry;
>What scale should a vacuum formed body be?

I dunno; depends on Tigerists' consensus, I guess. R/C cars are generally
1/10, I think (the type that take vacuum molded bodies, not the dime-store
sort. For slot cars, 1/24 for commercial tracks, or HO (1/87?) for home use
(does Riggen or anybody else even make HO w/vacuum bodies anymore?). Scale
Tiger racing and scale Tiger concours (and scale Tiger TAC-- oops, that
just slipped out) could be a fun event and Tiger gatherings, especially for
spouses, kids & not-yet-owners. Mind you, I've done no scale racing since
the mid-to-late 1960's, YMMV.

Steve Laifman wrote:
 >The
>price of a Tiger "stainless" system is near $500, and doesn't include
>brackets.  If you don't weld them to stainless strap (like in Tiger), or
>use stainless compatible welding materials, you have a great source for
>self-destruction at the joints.

The stainless system I bought 3 years back definitely had the brackets; the
brand was "SS Systems" ordered from our friend in NY. My only problem is
that is mating up with the CAT headers, the flanges meet at a slight (<5
degrees) angle so that tightening the blots puts some tension on the
system; probably introducing some additional transmitted noise through the
brackets.

MR. PAUL R SHEAHAN wrote:
>Is anyone producing a '98 Tiger calendar?

Alas, the only one discussed in this forum was in NZ, and in limited
quantities, now gone I'm sure. I still keep a copy of the 1996 Tiger List
calendar that Kevin Meek did; I'd love to see something like that done
again (downloadable right off the 'Net), even with the year part gone.

Chasgee wrote:
>Although I do not want to enter into the politics of this conversation, I
do
>know what aluminizing is.  So....
>Aluminizing is the forming of an aluminum or aluminum alloy coating on a
metal
>by hot dipping, hot spraying, or diffusion.

Therefore, being a surface coating, and with stainless being
all-the-way-through, the aluminized unit should hold up nearly as well--
until the first scratch. For those of us who only take the cars out on nice
days, don't rally on gravel roads, and don't live on streets with speed
bumps, the aluminized one should be just fine, and for a lot less $$$$$.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com