Intake Manifold/Ignition swap

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Intake Manifold/Ignition swap
From: FrizB MG <FrizBMG@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:51:36 EST
Hi Tigers
 I have been reading the question on Intake manifolds with particular
interest-I plan on upgrading my 260 to a 4 barrel before I drive the car next.
There also is a Ford show/swap meet here in Columbus this weekend that gives
me an excellent opportunity to find what I need.
 I was planning to get a "stock"289 4 bbl manifold and stock 4bbl
carb(motorcraft?),is there a particular setup I should be looking out for?
I am not a great fan of holley carbs,but I assumethat one possibility is to
buy an aftermarket manifold and a Ford 4 bbl-but as I said before I am
interested in "stock Ford" pieces.
 Also what are my choices in upgrading to electronic ignition?I would like a
setup that uses  a stock  Ford distributor cap(or can)-is there such a critter
out there ?
Thanks for your input
Tony