Re: Tiger For Sale

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger For Sale
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 08:10:53 -0500
I just reinsured the Tiger, and I saw that I had only driven 85 miles
last year. My kids have grown up and moved away, and My wife has no
interest in cars and car events, so after 27 years, it's time for
someone else to enjoy my Tiger. I've put it in Hemmings and priced it (I
think) fairly at $15,500. It's a '65 Mk1 with 135,000 miles on it, but
only about 30,000 on this engine. I'm the second owner. It's not bone
stock, but I think the changes I made would meet with approval from most
Tiger lovers, because they could easily be reversed---If your a retro
type .It's got Panasports, a louvered hood, (exactly like the photo in
Chittenden's book), but you can have the original hood if you'd prefer,
electronic 8000RPM tach by MO-Ma, 3.08 posi, club headers chromed, club
roll bar chromed, hard top and soft top, refinished dash, alternator
conversion (chrome), visors, 4BBl Holley double pumper, Accel electronic
ignition, 5-bolt 289, Mc Leod clutch and pressure plate,extra underhood
chrome---latch, Hood prop rod,original air cleaner, and various clips
and fittings. LAT valve covers, CAT springs and Konis in the rear,
Pro-prep and Spax in the front. The paint is lacquer, seven coats and is
getting tired, and the seam is split in the passengers seat, and I
noticed that the rear pinion bearing is getting noisy, but other than
that it's a decent car that's never been hit. Won best Sunbeam at Granby
show two years ago. It'll be in Hemmings next month. I'm not going to
bargain the price, I think its fair, and I'm not starving for the money.
Gonna miss it. Maybe I'll put a Vortex on my Mustang convert daily
driver?
Al J. in Rhode Island with (B9472024)---and it's in Norm's register