Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: "Randy Zimmermann" <rzimm@hhh.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:02:24 CST
Thanks to El Nino, spring has made an early arrival to Minnesota.
This has allowed me to pick up on my restoration of B382002349 where
I left off last fall.  I'm at 2 years and counting but determined to
get it up and running by the end of this summer.  With a lot of luck,
I'll get most of the interior work finished, too.  That may be too
optimistic.  We'll see.  SUNI III is my target.

Over the weekend, I rebuilt the brake and clutch master cylinders.
Both were in good shape and with a little honing both are going to be
very functional.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for the
clutch slave cylinder.  The cylinder wall is badly pitted both deep
inside and toward the outer end.

Would anyone on the list have an extra slave cylinder that is in
better shape that with a simple rebuild would be functional?

I know I'm not looking at major bucks to buy a new one but I've
pretty much exhausted my budget to get this far and I'm having to
deal with these little unexpected suprises on the margin, so to
speak.

Any positive responses would be appreciated.

Randy Zimmermann
St. Paul, MN
rzimm@hhh.umn.edu