Fwd: More on Wheels

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: More on Wheels
From: MWood24020 <MWood24020@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:58:53 EDT

--part0_892087133_boundary

From: MWood24020 <MWood24020@aol.com>
To: mmeswarb@huntel.net
Subject: Re: More on Wheels
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:58:13 EDT

<< As long as we're all on the subject of wheels, I would like to find some
 mini-lite or panasport style wheels for my Tiger.  Anyone know a good,
 reasonably priced, source for these?  Ideally, I'd like 2-15x7 and
 2-15x6 with 4-3/4 to 5" backspace.  Were these ever available with
 polished centers? >>

Mark-
A few years ago, I got Rick (Sunbeam Specialties) in touch with a guy in
England who was manufacturing mini-lites (real ones). I know Rick can get
them, I don't know all the details, but I remember the guy was willing to
provide just about any dimensions required. I also remember that he was VERY
slow in getting finished product over the pond...
Panasports are available in a number of places including:
Averill Racing
Madison Heights, WI  (248)585-9139
Paul Spruell Alfa, Inc.
(800)552-2532
You might also try a large wholesaler like The Tire Rack, they can probably
get them at a good price for you.
If you have any problems getting the right wheel with a polished center, which
I doubt would be a problem, you can always polish the centers yourself. I did
it to the "pony" wheels on my Mustang, and it isn't too big of a job.
Mike Wood
B382002273

--part0_892087133_boundary--