top end

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: top end
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:36:13 -0400
Bob Hokanson wrote:
>If I have this worked out right I make your mph with the 2.88 gears and
80
>overdrive 5 speed with 23.7 in tall tires to be just a little over 90 mph
>at 3000 rpm.  I have the same 5 speed with 24.2 in tires (245x45VR16's)
and
>find 3.73 gears just about right...but then my top end ain't no 214 mph at
>7000 rpm like yours.  Going for the LSR are we?

Not with me on board! :-)
With this set-up, 5th is a cruiser gear only; for hard charging I estimate
that I'd never get above 4th (max MPH for this car might be in 4th anyway).
According to the above, 60mph would arrive @ 2000 rpm, which is just right
for lo-stress trolling & no overheating worries (well, usually).

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com