Basic Questions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Basic Questions
From: Ted_Moncure@notes.toyota.com
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:33:25 -0700
I'm new to the list, and am thinking about buying a tiger.  Can someone
give me a quick rundown of the merits of various years?  Also, what does a
decent driver cost?  I don't care about originality at all, I just want a
fun car to drive.  I'd prefer to find something straight that needs
mechanical work, but I don't have a total aversion to body & paint.  I've
seen Tigers on the internet advertised from between $2500 and $25,000, so I
thought I'd go to the experts.  I've restored several American and Japanese
cars, but other than working on my buddy's '68 E-Type, this will be my
first experience with something from the other side of the Atlantic.  Any
tips on what to look for (chronic rust spots, mechanical or electrical
problems, etc.) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted