various

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: various
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:51:56 -0400
Steve Laifman wrote:
>I found my control wire broken at the control
>arm "pig tail".  Bought some stiff stainless wire,
>made a pig tail, and fed it thru the original cable.
>The hardest part was finding a source for the stainess
>wire.  The largest piano wire is too small, and the
>Home Depot only had galvenized.

Perhaps that'll work for me, too; but last year it was
recommended that I try a "generic" heater control wire
cut to length, but when I fabricated one, making those tight
loops at the dashboard lever, it merely bent there the 1st
time I tried to use it. I do not know if it was stainless, though.
Maybe it's time to try hydraulic actuation, with master &
slave cylinders.

>The next layer is like the burlap and horsehair mat under the
>dash (the dust is unbelievable).  Any recommended replacements
>would be useful.

Dynamat? I did my Tiger interior with it, and it's _very_ quiet! :-) :-)
:-)

FHSLOTH wrote:

>R&T SCREWED UP THE PICTURE WITH SOME
>"OTHER" VEHICLE REFLECTED IN THE SIDE OF
>THE ALPINE.ANYBODY GOT SOME "GREEN-OUT"
>HANDY?

Mr. Sloth:
I recall seeing this picture, I think. From the Letters or
Tech pages of a recent issue? Looked like Mr. Motta's work;
very "artsy". Can you use it as-is? The fun would be trying
to identify the car in the reflection. Ahyhow, Bic bought Wite-Out,
their UPC codes for green are 50326 for pastel green and 50325
for ledger green.

Rich Atherton wrote:

>I installed one of those 5 or 6 bladed FLEX fans.  These are
>the ones that have the shiney stainless steel blade face with
>the rolled edge (so you don't slice your fingers).

I wish I had read this about 50 Band-Aids ago! At one point, when
pulling & removing the engine frequently, I resorted to trying to
install the radiator with the fan in place so I didn't have to put the
fan on in such tight quarters; it was no-go. I think my Flexilite # 1314
was actually made by Cusinart.

Steve Laifman wrote:

>Perhaps the use of the term "control cable" is confusing.

Well, it is now, Steve! :-) Ima gonna keep on callin' them cables.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com