Re: Intake Manifold Info request !!

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold Info request !!
From: MWood24020 <MWood24020@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 00:37:15 EDT
Kirt-
I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond when you sent me flash mail (or whatever it
is called). I actually was in the process of selling a car (Mustang) and by
the time I got to the computer, AOL had signed me off.
As far as manifolds, if you just want to make easy power and maintain good
driveability with a minimum of hassle, use your F4B. With your heads you
probably want at least a 600cfm carb and if you can suffer a little boggy
slugishness off idle a 750cfm might not be too crazy, but for street
applications it usually makes more sense to err to the smaller side. The dual
carb setup is the ticket if you want more oohs and ahhs when you open the
hood, but other than that "wow" factor, I can't see any reason for the
complication. BTW, you might consider going to one of the carb tuners out
there (Barry Grant, Brad Urban) and consulting on what would best fit your
needs and then have them set it up. Yes, it costs money, but unless you are
really good at messing with Holleys, probably worth it (although some I know
are kind of split on the dollar vs. benefit).
Mike Wood
B382002273
PS: sounds like you are building a real tiger of a Tiger!