Dual Quad Manifold

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dual Quad Manifold
From: TigerCoupe <TigerCoupe@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:23:20 EDT
On April 28 Kirt Jenssen wrote:

<I have come across a used Edelbrock F4B ( single four barrel ) intake >

<as well as used Edelbrock F28 Dual Quad  ( as seen in the Book of Norm  page
131 on B9499999 )>

FYI, the manifold used on B9499999, B9499998 and B9499997 was a Cobra unit,
not an Edelbrock.  Fitted with 2 Carter AFB's rated at 550CFM each, the set up
was available as a kit OTC from Ford as Part No. C4OZ-6B068-E for $240.15.
Linkage kits were also available for an additional $8.40 or $14.85, depending
on the vehicle application. This was the induction set-up supplied by Mr.
Shelby on a variety of his products (he supplied the engines for the LM
Tigers, remember?), and was also used by Ford on cars like the rally Falcon
Sprints. The manifold was lettered "Cobra", and was probably cast for Shelby
by Benevedies.

When Chris Gruys acquired B9499998, it came with a blown 289 fitted with
Webbers.  Chris installed a killer 260 (built by Wally Cartwright) and fitted
2 small Holley 4bbls mounted sideways on an Edelbrock dual quad manifold, and
the whole thing actually fit under the Tiger hood.  Today, Syd Silverman runs
the car with Webbers again (requires a small hood scoop), but I believe the
motor is still the Cartwright 260.  For those of you who have heard it, it
certainly is awesome!

Dick Barker