Cam replacement

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cam replacement
From: Steve Lemp <steve@ramus.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:21:37 -0700
I've just about made up my mind to swap the stock cam in my 64 MkI for a
mild street version. The one nagging question that I have is-- Is there
adequate, unobstructed room to pull the old cam out through the grill
opening or do I have to consider pulling the entire engine to do the job?
The Shop Manual indicates that the removal and re-installation can be done
with the engine in place, but I'd feel a heck of a lot better knowing that
some of you have had success using the same technique. Any tips, suggestions
or warnings?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Lemp
B9470250