little Cat, big roar

To: "tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: little Cat, big roar
From: "B9470080" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 15:39:31 -0700
Maybe there are some on the list who can clear up the issue of Tiger
pedigree.

When does a Tiger become an Alpine?  Yes, I know of one case where the
owner of 2 Tigers (very rusty)
actually made 1 ALGER!  He was unaware that the recipient car was not a
Tiger to begin with.

If a Tiger has proper ID yet is running a V6 moter is it still a Tiger?

If an Alpine has it's proper ID (Alpine, not Tiger) yet has a 260 or 289 V8
is it still an Alpine?  Is proper ID needed to authenticate a Tiger or
Alpine?

If an Alpine goes really fast, even faster than most Tigers, can it become
a Tiger by the addition of a prepped V8 and Tiger script on the fenders?

Is an Alpine with a V8 allowed to run in the same class (VARA, Historics)
as
the real Tigers?

This is quite a bit to chew on.  Don't want to start a brew-ha ha, but i am
considering an engine swap.  I have a 427 V8 (too big?) and a Ferrari V8
(too Italian?) in my shop or it's rebuild the old 289.

Oh, by the way the last issue of the CAT newsletter has some great results
from
our Sunbeam racers at Buttonwillow.  Are there any Alpines running in other
classes.

B9470080