Dan's story

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dan's story
From: Alicia <larisab@ix14.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 20:06:16 -0400
Well weekend two of having the tiger out of the garage. We must be up to 50
miles (spedo not repaired yet).  Day 1, Alicia as passenger (cell phone in
hand) knowing we will not make it home. We made 3 miles and started to
overheat.  Good thing we're close to her sister's house.  Get out and check
the engine, the fan belt has come off. Tools, what would I bring them for?
After cooling down, I put the belt on buy hand, off we go down the road.
The fan belt only came off 3 more times, but now it's raining.  The top and
wiper blades are at home, dry in the garage. Day 2, put new belt on, and go
for a short ride to the store, I'm running hot again, but now I notice the
steering is a bit loose, and I have an exhaust leak. Back to the garage
again. I  pull the radiator, clean and flush it.  Start the car... car
doesn't start.  Check the starter, there's a flat spot.  Use my starter
wrench (a hammer- give the starter a couple love taps).  Tiger starts.  Put
hammer in car.   Check the steering and find the u-joint on the steering is
sloppy.  So, I order parts from Curt, and sadly watch for the mail, great
the mail is here... not so great the part isn't.  The steering will have to
wait till Monday, but I did go to the local u-yank it and got some other
trinkets for the choke linkage.  I fix the choke and decide to test it out.
Ride 3, Alicia, Taz, and I go off to the store again, this time I decide to
go on the highway, and of course I just had to step down on the gas to see
what the tiger will do.  The car spins nicely though 1st and 2nd, then I
realize the gas peddle is stuck down, and Alicia is yelling "not so nice"
things  at me.  I turn the key off, and coast to a stop. After scaping out
our drawers, I fix the linkage.
Nice slow ride to store and back. It's funny how slow I can drive when
Alicia has a hammer in her hand.

Alicia & Dan
Windsor, NY

B9471431