Re: More parts that don't fit

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More parts that don't fit
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 08:40:10 +0100
>I had an interesting experience the other day with one of my LAT 70
>wheels. I had been getting a vibration at hioghway speeds that was
>getting worse. It felt like something in the front end was developing
>play, generally considered to be a bad thing, so I jacked up the front
>of the Tiger for a quick inspection & discovered that my left front
>wheel was loose. Well, I thought, this was stupid of my to let this
>happen, but a moment with a torque wrench & I'm ready to roll. thats
>when I found out the lug nuts were tight, just the wheel was loose. It
>seems that on this particuler wheel the lug nuts bottomed out before
>they clamped down on the wheel. I had to shorten the shank of the
>lugnuts, then shorten all 4 studs to allow the shorter lugs to screw
>down all the way to the hub. Now my vibration is gone & no other wheels
>have tried to fall off. These are the same wheels, lugnuts & studs that
>I have on the other 3 corners. So much for interchangeable parts.
>
>Doug Leithauser

Doug I had a similiar problem, because the po had installed new wheel studs
on one of the front hubs and they were just a little longer than the
originals.
So now I have extra washers under all the wheel nuts just to be safe.
Although I don't have lat 70's mine are shelby wheels.
Regards Armand Ritchie
B9470219

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie