RE: New engine advice

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: New engine advice
From: "Gegg, Bill" <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:10:51 -0700
> At 10:25 PM 6/6/98 -0400, "Chris Richards" wrote:
> >I would say put the new technology into a newer exotic.  I like a
> tiger
> >without all the "jazz". My 2cents  (worth a lot less usually).
        [Gegg, Bill]

        After months of reading over cam durations, carb/manifold
combinations, pricing every Motorsport  motor and being able to recite
horsepower and torque at all engine speeds, I decided to rebuild my 289
and have not regretted it for a moment.  Certainly not the horsepower of
a M-6007-whatever but you can build a 289 with all of the old Hi-Po
parts, if desired, and have car that while not exact to form, is still
true to the era.