Re: "" CONCOURSE/ SWAP MEET ???? ""

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: "" CONCOURSE/ SWAP MEET ???? ""
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix6.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:09:36 -0700
>Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:27:31 -0700
>To: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
>From: tiger technologies <tartanad@popd.ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Re: "" CONCOURSE/ SWAP MEET ???? ""
>
>Steve:
>Ditto to Jan Harde's comments. There is a lot of apprehension among some of
us regarding the purpose, guidelines and operation of the concours event. If
it is nothing more than a popularity contest, that's fine, but just say so.
If the judging will be legitimate and fair and conducted with some semblance
of expertise, that's fine too, but just say so. And if there is NOT going to
be a Master's Class for previous winners or a Special Interest Class for
one-offs, just say so. In other words, save some of us a lot of expense
(time and materials) plus tons of sweat for concours that's not. And as for
the swap meet, ditto to Jan's comments here as well. Depending on the
quality and purpose of the concours, it looks right now that I'll have to
decide whether to show my car or sell parts and apparel to those attending.
Can't be in two places at once. Why not hold the swap on Sunday or Saturday
evening or whenever...Just asking.
>Jeff/Tiger Technologies
> At 10:26 PM 6/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>

>>JAN HARDE wrote:
>>
>>> Steve,
>>> Of course you are kidding, not another swap during the Concourse FIASCO....
>>> I still remember the B.S. during the Swap combo in Tarantulla a few years
>>> ago, I was judging together with Dale, we got done, tired and hot, and the
>>> swap was closing up...
>>> Well that is a HUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE disappointment again....
>>> I hope this was only ment as a JOKE and a late April fools at that...
>>> Please also post the judging criteria for this years show, is it a TRUE
>>> Concourse?? or judged by other step to the right step to the left
>>> routine????
>>> A judges group ??? Is there a Masters class for this year ?? is there a
>>> special interest ??
>>>
>>> Look to seeing you there, hope to bring my car, if the back gets better...
>>>
>>> Jan.... ( please take this as constructive advise, from lessons learned in
>>> the past)

Australia, all