Contaminated Gas

To: Alicia <larisab@ix8.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Contaminated Gas
From: Bill Goebner <wgoebner@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:44:31 -0700
Alicia,
I accidentally contaminated my Tiger's fuel tank a few years ago and it took me
over a year to rid the fuel system of whatever was clogging it.  I mistakenly
poured fuel from a rusty storage tank into my Tiger's tank along with lots of
"rust".  I must have cleaned the inline filter to my carburetor and the filter
in the carburetor AND the filter in my fuel pump MANY MANY times.  I eventually
flushed my fuel tanks which was no easy task.

Unfortunately, a few months later I found that one of my fuel tanks had rusted
through.
That wasn't the end of it.  The radiator company that fixed my tanks for many
$$ didn't do a good job and one of the tanks leaked.  I had to remove the tanks
again and have them re-repair them! Ugh!
Bill