Re: Tigers and racing

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tigers and racing
From: Larry Blackman <lb7777@thepoint.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:36:09 -0400

MWood24020@aol.com wrote:

> If we REALLY want to give credit to the fastest Tiger in road racing, look no
> further than the Mid-West region of the SCCA. Without a doubt, Tom Padden's
> GT2 Tiger would blow any West Coast car so far into the weeds, they would need
> a Sherpa to find the track again. It's definitely not stock, but why draw the
> line at Pro Mods and metal rebodies?
> Mike Wood
> B382002273

------------------------------------------------------------------The name is
Tom
Patton and he is from central division SCCA (Cincinnati).
The SCCA is about to move the Tiger from GT2 to GT1. This would move Tom to a
class where a 427 cobra would not be competitive. Anyone who races a Tiger
should
be upset if SCCA goes through with this. Anyone racing a Tiger should should let
SCCA know of their objection to this move.

Larry Blackman
B9471018 (purchased new in Dec. of 1964)
2 Mustang GT's
SCCA starter and former driver