Mid-West Shelby Meet (Limited Tiger Content)

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mid-West Shelby Meet (Limited Tiger Content)
From: Joe Parlanti <parlanti@cae-hou.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:25:03 -0500
Just returned from the Mid West Tulsa meet. This was my first time there,
and while I didn't bring my Tiger, we dig drag my friends Cobra replica
along. We arrived Thursday afternoon and immediately made our way over to
Hallett Speedway. The Hallett track is a natural terrain road course 1.6
miles in length. There were 3 classes of competition (not sure of the=
 names):

 Supervised tour where no passing was allowed but some respectable speeds
were attained.
=20
 Next level where passing was only allowed on straights.
=20
 Top level - fast cars, passing anywhere.

My favorite race was the Vintage race which had a gaggle of Mustangs,
Shelbys, Cobra Replicas, 1 Pantera, and 2 NASCAR Thunderbirds. The
Thunderbirds looked and sounded real. These guys were really leaning on the
cars, and there was some great passing going on.

Thursday night was a cruise which wound around some of the nicer areas of
Tulsa and had over 100 cars participate.

Friday was another track day at Hallett. I think I heard 104 cars
participated.

Friday night was a reception in the Marriott Southern Hills with 4 or 5
cars in the ballroom. my favorite was a 1964 Galaxie 500 Lightweight
Special. This car was white with red interior, 427 engine, no heater,
radio, or carpet. The hood, trunk, and doors were fiberglas, and the
bumpers aluminum. The car was immaculate!

Saturday was drag racing at Tulsa Speedway. I don't know how many cars were
there, but it was a bunch. Everything from stock F150 pickups to sub 9
second cars were running. Good day but extremely hot.

Sunday was the car show, but we had to leave Saturday night and missed it.
Overall, I really enjoyed the meet, but was dissapointed that I did not see
a single Tiger. Maybe some showed up Sunday, but I don't know.

Cheers,

Joe Parlanti=20
1966 Tiger B382002371=20
Office 713-659-2638 x 115=20